- 3/4 Cup of rice.
- 8 Cups of fresh milk.
- 3 Tsp. starch.
- 1 big cup of sugar or on request.
- A half cup of finely chopped pistachios.
- A half cup of blossom water – Mazaher.
- A half tsp. of granules Mestka in Arabic.
1. Wash rice, then soak it in a hot water for 1 hour.
2. Put the rice in a pot, then add a glass of water and put it on the fire.
3. After boiling the rice for 10 minutes, remove it from the water, add the starch to the cold milk, then stir until the starch melts.
4. Add milk to rice, stir constantly for 45 minutes.
5. Add sugar to rice with milk, stir in order not to stick rice to the bottom of the pot.
6. Leave on fire for 5 minutes with a continuous stirring.
7. Crush the Mestka with 1 tsp. of sugar, add them to the rice- milk mixture, and continue stirring.
8. Add the blossom water to the milk, stir, then turn it off the fire.
9. Pour into dishes, decorate dishes with pistachios, leave them until being cool. The dishes are ready to be served.