- 1 Cup rice.
- 3 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- 3 Onions.
- 3 Cups of water.
- 1 Cup of lentils.
- 1 Tsp. of salt.
- 2 Tsp. of cumin.
1. Heat olive oil in a pan, add onions and stir.
2. Add one tsp. of cumin, stir until the onions become golden.
3. Put 1/3 of the onion aside, leave the rest in the pan until it becomes brown and crispy.
4. Meanwhile, boil water in a pot and add lentils, then turn the fire down, cover the pot, let the lentils cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the onions that we set aside on lentils with rice, with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp. of cumin, then stir well.
6. Cover the pot, leave the ingredients on low heat until the rice is cooked for 15 minutes. Stir them from time to time.
7. Put Mujadara in the serving dish, sprinkle fried onions onto it.
Chef Wenfee advises you to serve TZATZIKI (Nojomiya Al Sham with yogurt and cucumber) from Al Sham or salads next to the Mujadara (Rice with lentils)